If you find yourself focusing on your imperfect teeth, there is an affordable cosmetic dentistry treatment available that can help. If minor tooth flaws such as discoloration, chips, or cracks are preventing you from loving your smile, then you should consider teeth bonding in Flower Mound, TX. This highly affordable and effective treatment is non-invasive and can improve the appearance of your teeth.
What is Cosmetic Teeth Bonding?
Teeth bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure that will enhance the aesthetics of your smile. It involves the application of a composite resin material directly onto the tooth to hide various tooth flaws. This resin material will be colored-matched to blend in with the natural color of your teeth. Your dentist will skillfully sculpt the resin by hand. This procedure offers a conservative solution for improving your smile without undergoing extensive dental work.
Your dentist may recommend tooth bonding for various purposes including:
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Covering up discolored, stained, or yellow teeth that do not respond to teeth whitening
- Closing the gaps and spaces between teeth
- Reshaping irregularly shaped or uneven teeth
- Protecting exposed tooth roots due to gum recession
- Making a tooth longer
- As a dental filling
There are Many Benefits to Choosing Tooth Bonding to Repair Cosmetic Dental Issues
Opting for dental bonding provides several advantages, such as:
- Improved Aesthetics: the dental bonding material we use will match the natural appearance of your teeth creating a seamless and natural looking smile.
- Minimally Invasive: the tooth bonding process is non-invasive especially when compared to other cosmetic treatments such as porcelain veneers. Your dentist will only need to remove a very small amount of tooth enamel so your tooth structure will remain intact.
- Fast Procedure: your dentist can complete the procedure in a single visit. There minimal prep work required and you will not need to return for further treatment.
- Painless Procedure: the procedure is also fairly painless. It will not require any anesthesia unless you also need a cavity filled at the same time.
- Affordable: the treatment is very cost effective compared to dental veneers and dental crowns making it the more affordable option.
- Versatile: tooth bonding can address many types of cosmetic flaws at the same time saving you time and money.
The Dental Bonding Procedure is Fast and Easy
Your dentist can complete your tooth bonding treatment in just one dentist appointment. The whole process is fairly fast and easy. You will not experience any pain however you will feel some pressure during the appointment.
The first step is to prepare the tooth. Your dentist will select a resin shade that best matches the rest of your natural teeth. Then they will gently etch the area of the tooth that will receive the resin material to create a better bond.
Your dentist will carefully apply the resin material to the tooth and gently mold it into the proper shape. This is done by hand and requires a high degree of skill. A special light is used to cure the material. This will harden and bond the resin to the tooth’s structure for a strong hold.
The last step is to put all the finishing touches on the tooth. Your dentist will polish the tooth and refine it so that it blends in seamlessly with your surrounding teeth.
How long will my tooth bonding last?
The average time tooth bonding lasts is 4 to 8 years before it needs touched up or replaced. Factors such as oral hygiene habits, wear and tear, and the extent of the treatment will all play a role in how long your treatment lasts. In general, the better you care for your bonded tooth, the longer it will last.
How do I care for my bonded teeth?
Taking care of your bonded teeth is very important. A bonded tooth is not as strong as other dental restorations. Practicing good oral hygiene is the most important part of caring for your bonded teeth. You need to continue to brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and floss every day. You also need to visit the dentist regularly to monitor your teeth. We will be able to address any concerns right away.
We suggest that you avoid staining foods and beverages as much as possible to avoid staining your teeth. This includes coffee, tea, red wine, etc. Never chew on hard objects as they can chip away at the bonding material. If possible, wear a custom-made mouthguard to protect your bonded teeth from excessive forces.
There is no need to live with a smile you hate. Book a consult today with Dr. Hooper or Dr. Jennings to learn more about tooth bonding in Flower Mound, TX. You can reach our dentist office by calling 972-640-7891 or you can request an appointment online by filling out the form.